Job DescriptionEmail Us to Apply
Tabernacle Church is looking for a Senior Pastor called by God to lead the church into the future with conviction, vision, and humility. An ideal candidate will have experience in leading a local church through a renewal or turn-around process.
This candidate will also be an engaging, biblically faithful teacher who can relate to people of different ethnic, socio-economic, and generational backgrounds.
By God’s grace, this pastor will help Tabernacle live out their values to reach the lost and disciple believers in the love and Word of God. The Senior Pastor will:
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the church.
- Supervise Associate Pastor, Children’s Pastor, Student Pastor, Worship Pastor.
- Work with the Worship Leader to plan the worship services of the church.
- Provide overall vision for the direction of the church’s ministry.
- Operate as the church’s primary Bible teacher and preacher, responsible for the regular Bible teaching ministry of the church.
Throughout its 85-year history, Tabernacle Church of Norfolk (Tab) has built a great tradition of effective ministry in the Coastal Virginia area, establishing a consortium of five churches in the region, founding the area’s largest Christian school (Norfolk Christian School), creating a ranch for ministering to children and families (Triple R Ranch), and sending many missionaries around the world to expand the Kingdom of God.
Tabernacle Church of Norfolk has lived out their commitment to serve both the local community and its neighbors by equipping each person to belong to a loving community of believers, grow in their relationship with Christ, and serve others through their spiritual gifts and resources.
They currently host a warmly contemporary intergenerational worship service in their modern sanctuary with approximately 250 in regular attendance. Tabernacle Church is located in Norfolk… a city of nearly 250,000 located in scenic Coastal Virginia, near the resort of Virginia Beach and historic Williamsburg VA.
We encourage candidates to explore additional details about Tab Church and its ministry in the Hampton Roads area and the world over the last 85+ years.
Fast Norfolk Facts
- Norfolk Virginia is a city of some 247,000 residents and encompasses 66 square miles. It has seven miles of Chesapeake Bay beachfront and a total of 144 miles of shoreline along our lakes, rivers, and the Bay. Much of this land is located in residential neighborhoods.
- Norfolk is home to the world’s largest naval base and the North American Headquarters for NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
- USA Today called Norfolk one of the Top 10 booming downtowns, recognizing a decades-long housing, retail and financial boom in Norfolk.
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk State University and a new downtown campus of Tidewater Community College are located in Norfolk and Wesleyan College is located on the border between Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
- Eastern Virginia Medical School and its four internationally recognized research institutes are located in Norfolk, as is Sentara Health System, DePaul Medical Center-Bon Secours and Virginia’s only free-standing, full-service pediatric hospital, Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
- Information courtesy of, and more info available at: www.norfolk.gov